Position Title: Environmental Safety & Health Manager
Location: Aiken, SC Area
Reports To: VP Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
- The Environmental Safety & Health Manager is responsible for Safety & Environmental Management across an Operations group comprised of approximately 600 employees in the Aiken, SC area as well as other remote locations in the US.
- Position will coordinate with other client locations such as one located in the UK.
- This position reports to the VP Human Resources and will be based in the Aiken, SC.
- Overnight travel may be required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Development and implementation of safety & environmental procedures, policies, and training congruent with the Company’s safety pyramid and dashboard
- Manages Workers Compensation claims and return-to-work
- Review all Kaizen activity and is an active “approver” for all standard work Kaizens to ensure work design is compliant with safety standards
- Design and implement safety leadership training for Supervisory and Value Stream Leaders across the business
- Conduct daily walkthrough of each value stream
- Conduct and coordinate safety & environmental inspections
- Lead the investigation of accidents and injuries; prepare material for hearings and insurance investigations
- Coordinate emergency response procedures, coordinate with others on security practices
- Maintain and update Material Safety Data Sheets and train employees in their use
- Maintain OSHA logs and prepare reports to agencies
- Prepare and report accident statistics
- Audit Forklift Inspection sheets for accuracy and ensure maintenance work orders are submitted for any repairs; maintain inspection sheets for 12 months
- Oversee TOPS [Together Observations Promote Safety] program—develop, implement, ensure success
- Oversee Hearing Conservation program and hearing exams
- Communication with employees/promote safety via biweekly Safety Toolbox Talks
- Work with community (Fire Department, County, Savannah River Site) for Hazmat and Hazwoper program and compliance
- Attend daily Operations Staff meetings
Measures of Success
- Year over year reduction in accident and incident frequency
- Year over year reduction in Workers Compensation costs
- Necessary skill base in place for fabrication and assembly; positions business to deliver on SQDC targets
- Successful design and implementation of policies, procedures and training pertaining to achieving green status in the Company’s safety dashboard.
- Successful internal audit review each of concerning the progress made in Environmental Safety & Health management.
- Successful pass of an OSHA audit at any time; minimal disruption to business as a result of any audit or citation
- Positive employee engagement observable through workforce survey and culture assessments
- Observable safety and HR leadership across the operations leadership team; leaders practice policy and are aware of the legal obligations
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 3+ years Environmental Safety & Health experience in manufacturing preferred
- OSHA ISHM certification or CSHM certification preferred
- Environmental certification CEP preferred
Bill Bright, CPC
The Bright Group
Phone: 843 278-9028
Cell: 678 642-4400